Alpaca bag to Lake City, SCMay 13, 2019
Traveling with friends can be amazing and also terrifying. We have been fortunate enough to have our best friends travel with us often. 5 ways to know if you are travel compatible:
- Everyone gets along. Well, that seems silly. Truly it is not. You have to be able to pair off and enjoy every single person in your group. Do I get along with my husband, Check (I tell him we get along all the time). Do you get along with the female counterpart, Check (love, love, love her). Probably most importantly, do you get along with the male non-husband counterpart? Trust me, you will be with each person and if there is any hesitation with anyone in your party. It won’t work!
- Are you flexible? When there is a group of 4 or more, you most certainly will not get your way (all of the time). You have to be able to go with the flow and enjoy it regardless of what you wanted to do.
- Do you have the same travel lifestyle? Do you like to duck into pubs by chance and hang out not worrying about things, or do you live by a schedule. This could make for uncomfortable moments if you all aren’t on the same page.
- Get a place with 2 separate bedrooms and 2 separate bathrooms. No matter how close you are, you still need your own space and your own time with your Significant other. We recommend www.airbnb.com or www.homeaway.com . We love to have a community (family room) area to hang out after we get back from dinner and drinks. Since we are on vacation, we usually like to bring some bottles of wine back to the flat and recap our day.
- Are you fiscally aligned? We often pick up the check on one meal and our friends will get the next etc, but if you are not in the same frame of mind on what should be spent for attractions, dinners or outings… awkward is the word that will come to mind.
And apparently it helps if you look alike!
Until next time!